Ontologías para servicios web semánticos de información de tráfico: descripción y herramientas de explotación.
This thesis forms part of the common Intelligent Transportation Systems which in turn
are based on the application of telecommunication and Informatics (Telematics) to
traffic management which belongs to the domain of Traveller Information..
The principle identified problems are the lack of a common vocabulary of elements
which use a well defined semantic description which permits obtaining the meaning
(including the non-explicit) of each concept of rural traffic as well as obtaining
information from different heterogeneous sources in an intuitive and simple way.
Different aspects describe the actual problem related to the access and distribution of
1. High volume of traffic information is distributed over different web sites. The
main problem for a user who needs such information is to find such webs and
handle the different ways of access and presentation
2. On the other hand, the users need information of a different nature or type, and
the storage of such information on a simple site would be too costly as well for
3. It is no possible to obtain any information if this information is not explicit
After defining the existing problems and identifying the elements which could solve this
situation, the present work focuses on those ITS-systems which provide traffic
information to the user, its handling and exchange, in an efficient way between the
elements which compose the architecture of traffic information systems, such as users
applications and information providers.
Different elements have been developed as an integral part of an architecture:
1. Construction of an ontological infrastructure which domain is covered by road
2. A framework was defined for the conversion of conventional web portals to
semantic web services (SWS),
3. Extension of the existing methodology for the construction of ontologies based
on ER model,
4. A SWS matching algorithm was designed, implemented and evaluated which
make maximal use of the capabilities of the ontologies of the service description,
which constitute an improvement of the existing ones.
5. A number of proposals were demonstrated which permits creation and handling
of Semantic web services of road traffic information.
Document Full Text
Advisor:Carrillo Zamorano, Eduardo; Martínez Durá, Juan J.
School:Universitat de València
Source Type:Master's Thesis
Date of Publication:07/05/2005