Relationships between Strategic Human Resources Management and Knowledge Transfer of International Enterprise
How to use self-owned knowledge to face the future challenge and diversity, to absorb the fashion knowledge and to create the more valuable knowledge is the most important issue for the corporation that want to become the multinational corporation. In order to use the superiority of globalization well, the headquarter must transfer the core competency to other subsidiary. However, the topic about cross border knowledge transfer will let the factor become more complexity. The character of industry, the strategies of globalization, the inner organizational competency and the top management team will have serious impact to the meaning of knowledge transfer, and will have influence to the whole structure of knowledge transfer.
To find out which factors influence the border knowledge transfer of multinational corporation is the core issue in this research. We got the results by mean of the interaction among the character of industry, the strategies of globalization and the inner organizational competency. Further, we can obtain the mutual relations with human capital of the corporation. Although the influence factors of cross border knowledge transfer are too numerous to count, three subs ructions of entirety are the industry of corporation, the inner organizational competency and the strategies of globalization.
According to the qualitative analysis and data collection, the inductive inferences of this research are as following:
1. The factors influence sorts of knowledge transfer
(1) The maturer product life cycle is, explicit knowledge is more than tacit knowledge of the cross border knowledge transfer.
(2) If the industry technique of corporation is superior, the disposition of capital and resources is nearer centralization and origin of inner competency in the corporation is from high-level executive group.
(3) Most tacit knowledge of R&D would be produced by headquarter when the product life cycle lasts longer.
(4) The origin of inner competency in the corporation is from high-level executive group, because the corporation has the ¡§market ¡Vaccess¡¨ competency and the inner disposition of capital and resources is nearer centralization.
2. The factors influence model of knowledge transfer
(1) The correlation between externalization articulating of cross border knowledge transfer and higher knowledge worker in this industry is straight.
(2) More requisite the forces for national responsiveness / differentiation, higher degree the externalization articulating and socialization empathizing of cross-border knowledge transfer are.
Advisor:none; none; none; none
School:National Sun Yat-Sen University
School Location:China - Taiwan
Source Type:Master's Thesis
Keywords:international enterprise the competence of organization high level management team character industry knowledge transfer
Date of Publication:07/17/2002